Coordinating a team of 4 persons, the Lab Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely execution of all Testing activities, as well as guiding the project to transform Testing into a strategic and authoritative function for the Group through the ability to extract value from the large amount of data and information that is processed.
He/she will also be responsible for coordinating testing activities Group-wide, unifying standards.
The ideal candidate has an extensive background in the management of Laboratories in structured and modern companies, preferably in manufacturing sectors.
He/she has a technical background and a solid understanding of measurements.
He/she has proven experience in resource management and has participated in change management projects, actively contributing to their implementation.
He/she has excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a strong team spirit, which are essential both for the management of his/her team and for constant interaction with other departments.
Finally, a strong orientation towards continuous improvement and a commitment to excellent quality standards, in line with the company's philosophy, are essential.
The main responsibilities and activities include:
- Definition and management of the budget plans of the Laboratories
- Preparation of test plans in collaboration with the Design team
- Definition and execution of testing activities of projects and active collaboration with internal and external research and development teams to support the definition and planning, monitoring and control phases and 'lessons learned' of the group's development projects
- Definition and approval of the instrumentation necessary for product testing
- Control and testing as part of design review and prototype development
- Knowledge of the Test laboratory measuring instruments
- Definition of internal calibration verification procedures for measuring and testing instruments
- Coordination of testing activities related to the design of electrical/electronic products in compliance with legal standards, directives and regulations
- Verification of the application and maintaining of QMS requirements for the laboratory in accordance with IATF 16949
- Understanding and practical knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to laboratory activities in order to ensure that all users work in accordance with these standards
- Updating and maintaining of the laboratory safety plan and its application to ensure that the laboratory remains compliant with all regulations
Completing the profile:
- Knowledge of Labview Acquisition Software
- Knowledge statistical data analysis
- Mechanical/electronic/electrical knowledge
- Equipment design for production testing
- Lab instrumentation management
- Technical drawing
- Good knowledge of English